The Madison Foundation, Inc. will consider grant requests for projects which in the judgment of its Board of Directors will improve the quality of life in the Town of Madison. The Board has developed these Guidelines to assist applicants for grants.
1. If seed money is sought for a new organization or agency, the proposed organization or agency must show:
2. An established organization or agency may receive support for expanding existing services or developing new programs that otherwise meet these guidelines.
3. The Foundation will consider proposals involving a challenge grant in order to stimulate support of a project by other funding resources. The grant would be conditioned upon the receipt of other pledges made to the grantee.
4. Except in special situations, grants will be for one-time projects only although distribution of project funds may be spread over an appropriate period of time.
5. The following types of organizations or activities are excluded from support by the Madison Foundation:
6. A Grant Application:
7. Grant application submissions:
8. The Foundation Board of Directors will consider and act on an application advising the grantees in a timely manner.
9. The Foundation requires from the grantees a follow-up report every six months until the completion of the project; it should provide financial disclosure of grant expenditure[s] and status of project.
10. Questions may be addressed to the Foundation at P.O. Box 446 or to the DCC:
David Allen 203-640-8399 the email@example.com
The Board of Directors of the Foundation reserves the right to waive or amend any or all of the provisions set forth above to best serve the purposes of the Foundation.